Are you energetic, ambitious and looking to develop your career? Our Cape Town Wealth department is looking to add a Wealth Advisor to their team. You’ll be required to provide financial advice as well as manage a mortgages pipeline. The latter will include keeping clients informed throughout all stages of the mortgage process, drafting suitability reports, researching best mortgage options and completing application forms.
You’re perfect for this position if you:
- Are a qualified and experienced Independent Financial Advisor/Wealth Manager
- Currently live and work in South Africa (there is an opportunity to relocate to the UK)
- Are a qualified CFP
- Have an undergrad or postgrad Investment or Economics qualification
- Are FAIS accredited
- Have an established client book
- Are familiar with and have experience in the offshore financial planning marketplace
- Are registered with the FSCA
- Are interested in becoming a cross-border financial planner with an established brand
- Are familiar with the international financial planning and tax landscape (e.g. double tax treaties, residency rules, CRS etc.)
- Are interested in gaining foreign advisory qualifications and accreditations
Your role and responsibilities:
Among other tasks, your main responsibilities will include:
- Providing financial planning advice and wealth management services to South African resident clients regarding offshore investment options
- Using a whole range of market-based approaches in a variety of jurisdictions
- Ensuring we maintain an efficient service to clients seeking investment advice
- Growing and strengthening the relationship between the client and Sable International
- Working with and supporting your team of advisors in growing their client portfolios
- Networking to secure outside introducers
Furthermore, the successful applicant would be expected to:
- Have demonstrable experience and success within a similar role
- Have a strong desire to continue expanding your skill set and deepen your professional competence
- Have an interest in economic, financial and investment areas
- Stay up to date with market-specific regulatory and legislative information
Extra points if you have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Financial Advisor in South Africa
- A CFA (1 and 2)
- A foreign financial planner or investment qualification
- Local (SA) and offshore investment experience
- Knowledge of offshore investment wrappers (e.g. retirement annuity trusts, offshore discretionary trusts etc.)
- An understanding of residency and Double Taxation Agreements
Would you like to apply?
Send us an email to email@example.com with your CV and one-page covering letter. Please note: If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks, you may consider your application unsuccessful.
About Sable International
Sable International offers innovative professional services to international citizens. We create tailor-made solutions to meet the accounting, wealth, financial, currency and nationality needs of our clients. We pride ourselves on providing solutions that suit our clients’ unique individual circumstances; our employees are key in achieving this goal.
The staff in our Cape Town, London and Melbourne offices are passionate about their areas of expertise and take pride in helping our clients achieve their goals. As a result, we have an energised and fun company culture, something that sets us apart from other professional services firms.