If you’re planning to establish a business presence in the UK, you will need detailed advice on which structure is right for your enterprise. Often, this will depend on your objectives and potential exit plan.
We believe every client is unique. Whatever you require, we will put together the ideal team of experts to assist you in taking your business to the next level.
UK establishment of an overseas entity
Your business only requires formal registration in the UK when it has a physical presence in the country, such as a place of business or a branch.
The Companies Act of 2006 governs company law in England and Wales. A foreign company is required to register as an establishment with Companies House within one month of commencing business in the UK.
Once registered, an overseas entity with a permanent establishment in the UK must file certain documents at UK Companies House. General information about the company, including its constituting documents and any accounts, are filed in accordance with the laws of the country in which it is incorporated. When these documents are filed, they become public record.
How we can help with UK company formation
After consulting with us, you will have a clear idea of what type of entity you would like to set up in the UK. Once a decision is made we can start working together to make your business a success by:
- Setting up and registering your entity as a UK branch, subsidiary, limited company or otherwise
- Establishing a good working relationship with your bank
- Registering your operation for Corporation Tax, VAT and PAYE
- Appointing a company secretary - we can appoint ourselves and carry out the statutory company secretarial issues associated with this role
- Setting up an address which can be used as your registered office
Find out more about UK company formation by getting in touch with one of our expert consultants.