close menu

Information about self employment

We are able to advise you on many of the intricacies of self-employment, including whether or not there are better employment structures available for you.

There has been a significant spike in the number of self-employed individuals over the past few years. There has also been a rise in the number of people working through limited companies.

If you are self-employed, you need to let HMRC know by registering for Self Assessment with them. This can be done online or over the phone. You will then need to submit personal tax returns ("Self Assessment" returns) declaring your earnings for each tax year. You will pay any outstanding taxes before 31 January for the previous tax year.

We can assist you with advice about your return and with the return itself. Our process is simple, quick and very competitively-priced. We also quote in advance of the work so that you don’t get any unwelcome surprises once your return is done. We lodge all of our returns electronically as it is quicker and more secure.

Prices for returns start from £120 + VAT, depending on the type and number of income streams you have. Penalties for late returns start at £100.

Contact our contractor accounting team

South Africa

Cape Town
Regent Square
Doncaster Road
Kenilworth 7708
t: +27 (0) 21 657 2120

201 The Annex
Ridgeside Office Park
t: +27 (0) 31 536 8843

United Kingdom

Castlewood House
77/91 New Oxford Street
t: +44 (0) 20 7759 7514

5-7 Selsdon Road
South Croydon
t: +44 (0) 20 7759 7581


Suite 8.06
9 Yarra Street
South Yarra
Melbourne VIC 3141
t: +613 (0) 86 514 500

This site uses cookies, read more or close this notice.