close menu

Self Assessment returns

Over 10 million people need to file a personal tax return. Here’s how to check if you are one of them.

You will need to complete a Self Assessment tax return if:

  • You are self-employed

  • You are a company director

  • You have an annual income of £100,000 or more

  • You have income from savings, investment or property (unless collected via PAYE)

  • You receive income from overseas

  • You have income from trusts, settlements and estates

  • You have Capital Gains Tax to pay

If you haven’t filed your Self Assessment return by the deadline on the 31 January, you will be liable for a £100 penalty on the 1 February.

Contact our contractor accounting team

South Africa

Regent Square
Doncaster Road
Kenilworth 7708
Cape Town
t: +27 (0) 21 657 2120

United Kingdom

Castlewood House
77/91 New Oxford Street
t: +44 (0) 20 7759 7514


Suite 8.06
9 Yarra Street
South Yarra
Melbourne VIC 3141
t: +613 (0) 86 514 500

Hong Kong

Level 1102
The Lee Gardens
33 Hysan Avenue
Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
t: +852 3959 8681

Our phone lines are currently down for scheduled maintenance. Please email us at if you need to contact us urgently.

This site uses cookies, read more or close this notice.