close menu

Personal tax returns

HMRC requires certain individuals to complete a Self Assessment tax return form every year.

This could be because:

  • You are, or were, a company director
  • You are, or were, self-employed

You earn an income from:

  • Overseas sources
  • Investment dividends
  • Rental property
  • You receive other income that is not taxed at source - for example capital gains or dividends

We can help you by advising you or taking care of the return itself. Our process is simple, quick and very competitively-priced and we quote in advance so that you don’t get any unwelcome surprises once your personal tax return is done. We lodge all our returns electronically as it is quicker and more secure.

Please contact us for a quote, which will be determined by the type and number of income streams you have. Penalties for late returns start at £100.

It is the tax-payer’s responsibility to tell HMRC that you need to complete a Self Assessment tax return by registering with them. This can be done online or over the phone. Failing to register usually results in HMRC catching up with you a few years down the line - at which time significant penalties and/or interest will usually be charged.

About nine million people in the UK have to complete Self Assessment tax return forms each year. Unfortunately, for too many people (over 850,000 in 2012), their first experience of a personal tax return lies in receiving a penalty from HMRC. It doesn’t have to be this way, though. If you get the right advice and you start the process with plenty of time to spare, you will find that submitting a Self Assessment tax return can be a quick and easy process.

South Africa

Cape Town

Regent Square
Doncaster Road
Kenilworth 7708 +27 (0) 21 657 2120


25 Richefond Circle
Umhlanga 4320 +27 (0) 31 536 8843

United Kingdom


Castlewood House
77/91 New Oxford Street
WC1A 1DG +44 (0) 20 7759 7514


5-7 Selsdon Road
South Croydon
CR2 6PU +44 (0) 20 7759 7581



9 Yarra Street
South Yarra
VIC 3141 +613 (0) 8651 4500

Sable International is a trading name of 1st Contact Money Limited (company number 07070528), registered in England and Wales. We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK (FCA no. 517570), the Financial Services Conduct Authority in South Africa (1st Contact Money [PTY] Ltd - FSP no. 41900) and hold an Australian Financial Services License issued by ASIC to deal in foreign exchange (1st Contact Group - AFS License number 335 126).

We use cookies to provide the best website experience for you. Using this website means that you agree to this. How we use cookies.