close menu

Self-employed individuals

Over the past few years, there has been a significant spike in the number of self-employed individuals and those who work through limited companies.

As finance professionals, we are able to advise you on many of the intricacies of self-employment, including whether or not there are better employment structures available for you.

If you are self-employed, you need to let HMRC know by registering for self-employed taxes. This can be done online or over the phone. After this, you will need to submit a self-employed tax return, declaring your earnings for each tax year. You will pay any outstanding self-employed taxes before 31 January for the previous tax year.

We can help you by advising you or by taking care of the return itself. Our process is simple, quick and very competitively-priced and we quote in advance so that you don’t get any unwelcome surprises once your return is done. We lodge all of our self-employed tax returns electronically as it is quicker and more secure.

Prices for returns start from £120 + VAT depending on the type and number of income streams you have. Penalties for late returns start at £100.

Contact our accounting team

South Africa

Cape Town
Regent Square
Doncaster Road
Kenilworth 7708
t: +27 (0) 21 657 2120

201 The Annex
Ridgeside Office Park
t: +27 (0) 31 536 8843

United Kingdom

Castlewood House
77/91 New Oxford Street
t: +44 (0) 20 7759 7514

5-7 Selsdon Road
South Croydon
t: +44 (0) 20 7759 7581


Suite 8.06
9 Yarra Street
South Yarra
Melbourne VIC 3141
t: +613 (0) 86 514 500

This site uses cookies, read more or close this notice.