close menu

Are you due a tax refund?

by Sable International | Mar 20, 2014
  • In the UK, the average taxpayer is due a £1250 tax refund, yet millions of Pounds go unclaimed every year. If you left your job (or the UK) during the past 12 months, you will be able to claim back overpaid tax from the 2013/14 tax year, starting on the 6 April.

    Inland Revenue holds over three million Pounds in unclaimed tax every year, most of it reserved for people who mistakenly assume that they they are not eligible for a tax refund. If you can answer "yes" to any of the below questions, there's a good chance you are due a tax refund.
    1. Have you left the UK before the end of a tax year?
    2. Have you left a job and/or started a new job before the end of a tax year?
    3. Have you paid emergency tax in the last four years?
    4. Have you had more than one employer in a tax year?
    5. Have you worked for only part of a tax year?
    6. Have you been on an incorrect tax code at any point in the last four years?
    7. Have you worked two or more jobs concurrently?

    How to check if you are due a tax refund

    • Call a consultant on 020 7759 7553 to see if you can claim back any overpaid tax.
    • One of our consultants will ask you to provide information on the companies you worked for during the previous four tax years.
    • Supply P60s and P45s from these jobs (if you do not have these, a Sable Tax consultant can apply for them on your behalf).
    • Your National Insurance (NI) number (if you do not have an NI number, you can get one speedily through 1st Contact Easy NINO).

    Sable Tax, a specialist division of the Sable Group, is the largest registered tax agent in the UK. If you would like to speak to a consultant, call 020 7759 7553 or send us an email. Sable Tax offers a no refund, no fee service, so it costs nothing to find out. 


    We are a professional services company that specialises in cross-border financial and immigration advice and solutions.

    Our teams in the UK, South Africa and Australia can ensure that when you decide to move overseas, invest offshore or expand your business internationally, you’ll do so with the backing of experienced local experts.


    South Africa

    Cape Town

    Regent Square
    Doncaster Road
    Kenilworth 7708 +27 (0) 21 657 2120


    25 Richefond Circle
    Umhlanga 4320 +27 (0) 31 536 8843

    United Kingdom


    One Croydon
    12-16 Addiscombe Road
    Croydon CR0 0XT +44 (0) 20 7759 7514



    9 Yarra Street
    South Yarra
    VIC 3141 +613 (0) 8651 4500

    Sable International is a trading name of 1st Contact Money Limited (company number 07070528), registered in England and Wales. We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK (FCA no. 517570), the Financial Services Conduct Authority in South Africa (1st Contact Money [PTY] Ltd - FSP no. 41900) and hold an Australian Financial Services Licence issued by ASIC to deal in foreign exchange (1st Contact Group - AFS Licence number 335 126).

    We use cookies to provide the best website experience for you. Using this website means that you agree to this. How we use cookies.