close menu

Expanding your business into the UK with Sable International

by Scott Brown | May 20, 2016
  • To successfully expand your business into the UK, you’re going to need to surround yourself with advisers who know how to help. Sable International offers a range of services to enterprises that want to expand in to the UK.
    Our team of international chartered accounts has over 20 years’ worth of experience in corporate structuring and business expansion. Let’s take a look at what we can do for your business.

    Choose the type of entity that’s best for your business

    Choosing the right kind of entity to set up in the UK is vital. After consulting with us, we’ll be able to tell you what kind of company would best suit your goals.

    If you are expanding into the UK, you will also need to decide whether you wish to set up a branch or a subsidiary. This is something which we are also able to advise on.
    Once you’ve decided the type of entity and business structure, we’ll get you properly registered with HMRC and Companies House. 

    We’ll set up and administer your UK company payroll

    Following the proper processes when setting up your payroll is one of the most important aspects of running a successful business. UK tax and employment legislation is extremely complex and it’s advisable to consult with an expert before you set up your payroll.

    Our payroll service includes:
    • Processing your payroll including production of payslips
    • Electronic payments to employees
    • Administration of employee tax payments and employee benefits
    • Completion of statutory forms, including year-end returns, to issue to your employees and submit to HMRC
    • Dealing with HMRC queries
    • An overview and in-depth analysis of staff costs

    UK company tax advice

    Unless you’ve worked as an accountant in the UK, it is unlikely that you will have a comprehensive knowledge of how VAT and Corporation Tax work in the UK. We will give you a comprehensive breakdown on how these two types of taxation will apply to your operations in the UK. 

    We’ll help make sure you pay the correct amount of tax and ensure that you receive any tax breaks your operation is eligible for.

    Expert HR services

    HR is a vital part of any business organisation, especially in the UK. As our client, we’ll be able to handle more than just your payroll. Our HR experts can:
    • Advise on UK employment contracts
    • Advise on and administer employee benefits
    • Administer pension schemes, including auto enrolment programmes
    • Help set up employee insurance schemes
    • Administer employee stock options
    • Ensure termination payments are paid out correctly
    • Advise on alternatives to employment at will in the UK 

    Bespoke UK accounting and tax advice

    Through our accounting service, we will provide you and your business with client-focussed accounting and tax services. Our accounting team specialises in providing services to both companies and contractors based in the UK. Whether it’s bookkeeping or personal tax assistance, we’ll get you sorted.

    To get started on expanding your business to the UK, fill in this form and we’ll get back to you. You can also give us a call on +44 (0) 20 7759 7553 or send us an email.

    We are a professional services company that specialises in cross-border financial and immigration advice and solutions.

    Our teams in the UK, South Africa and Australia can ensure that when you decide to move overseas, invest offshore or expand your business internationally, you’ll do so with the backing of experienced local experts.


    South Africa

    Cape Town

    Regent Square
    Doncaster Road
    Kenilworth 7708 +27 (0) 21 657 2120


    25 Richefond Circle
    Umhlanga 4320 +27 (0) 31 536 8843

    United Kingdom


    One Croydon
    12-16 Addiscombe Road
    Croydon CR0 0XT +44 (0) 20 7759 7514



    9 Yarra Street
    South Yarra
    VIC 3141 +613 (0) 8651 4500

    Sable International is a trading name of 1st Contact Money Limited (company number 07070528), registered in England and Wales. We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK (FCA no. 517570), the Financial Services Conduct Authority in South Africa (1st Contact Money [PTY] Ltd - FSP no. 41900) and hold an Australian Financial Services Licence issued by ASIC to deal in foreign exchange (1st Contact Group - AFS Licence number 335 126).

    We use cookies to provide the best website experience for you. Using this website means that you agree to this. How we use cookies.