Are you energetic, ambitious and looking to develop your career? Our Cape Town SME Accounting department is looking to add a Junior Client Accountant to their team. We offer a dynamic and challenging environment where we achieve our business objectives and have fun doing it.
You’re perfect for this position if you:
- Have an accounting degree or are studying towards one
- Have a minimum of one year of client accounting and bookkeeping experience
- Have an in-depth knowledge of general accounting bookkeeping theories and practices
- Have experience in MS Excel, Sage Line 50 and Xero
- Have excellent phone and written communications skills
- Are deadline driven
- Are analytical and numerical, displaying expert abilities in general accounting bookkeeping practices with excellent attention to detail
Extra points if you have:
- Are studying towards an ACCA or CIMA qualification
- Have one to two years of commercial experience
Your role and responsibilities:
Among other tasks, your main responsibilities will include:
- Bookkeeping and financial administration
- Liaising with clients via email and telephone regarding provision of source data
- Processing weekly, monthly and quarterly source data quickly and accurately, reviewing data for deficiencies, resolving discrepancies
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Managing statutory compliance requirements
- Preparation of year-end financial statements and Corporation Tax returns
- Preparation of personal tax returns
We are a professional services company that specialises in cross-border financial and immigration advice and solutions.
Our teams in the UK, South Africa and Australia can ensure that when you decide to move overseas, invest offshore or expand your business internationally, you'll do so with the backing of experienced local experts.