close menu

Small business Growth Vouchers go live

by Sable International | Jan 30, 2014
  • The UK government’s Growth Vouchers went live on Monday 27th January 2014, meaning that small business owners who meet the funding criteria could receive a Growth Voucher of up to £2,000.
    The Growth Vouchers are issued by Enterprise Nation, and can be used towards strategic advice in any of the following categories:
    • Finance and cash flow
    • Recruiting and developing staff
    • Improving leadership and management skills
    • Marketing, attracting and retaining customers
    • Making the most of digital technology.
    Successful applicants will be chosen at random by the Department for Business Innovation and Skills and the Cabinet Office's Behavioural Insights team. The Growth Vouchers awarded must be match-funded by the small business.

    If you meet any of the following requirements, you'll be able to apply for a Growth Voucher on the Enterprise Nation Marketplace:
    • You've been running your business for a minimum of a year
    • You have fewer than 50 employees
    • You are registered in England
    • You are truly independent (i.e. no more than 25% of your company is owned by other businesses or organisations)
    • You have not paid for strategic external advice in the past three years.

    If your business is awarded a Growth Voucher, you must spend it with a supplier or advisor listed on the Enterprise Nation marketplace. Our accounting team is one such approved supplier, and will be accepting Growth Vouchers until March 2015.

    Don’t miss out on this opportunity to grow your business – and your client base – by receiving expert advice from Sable’s experienced accountants.

    If you need any further information, please give our accounting team a call on 020 7759 7553 or email them.

    We are a professional services company that specialises in cross-border financial and immigration advice and solutions.

    Our teams in the UK, South Africa and Australia can ensure that when you decide to move overseas, invest offshore or expand your business internationally, you’ll do so with the backing of experienced local experts.

    • Businessman-running
      Did you overpay HMRC? Here’s how to get your tax refund
      Feb 07, 2019  |  by Kobus Van den Bergh
    • Business
      Will 2019 be a good year for UK contractors? IR35 and the loan charge
      Jan 24, 2019  |  by Ashley Deakin
    • Business-concept
      Moving your business to the UK? You’ll need to understand the UK’s VAT regulations
      Nov 12, 2018  |  by Scott Brown
    • Autumn-statement-banner-no-logo-white
      Highlights from the 2018 Autumn Statement
      Oct 30, 2018  |  by Scott Brown
    • man-in-front-of-shop
      A quick guide to UK business tax
      Oct 26, 2018  |  by Scott Brown
    • working-man-contractor
      Self-employment vs. contracting in the UK: What’s the difference?
      Oct 11, 2018  |  by Kobus Van den Bergh
    • man-relaxing
      Why your SME needs management accounting
      Oct 10, 2018  |  by Scott Brown
    • yes no cross tick
      HMRC’s employment status test continues to frustrate UK contractors
      Sep 24, 2018  |  by Kobus Van den Bergh
    • Money
      Leaving the UK? Get some extra cash by claiming your tax refund
      Sep 20, 2018  |  by Kobus Van den Bergh
    • Businessman-on-graph
      How you can stop worrying and learn to love outsourced accounting
      Aug 03, 2018  |  by Scott Brown

    South Africa

    Cape Town

    Regent Square
    Doncaster Road
    Kenilworth 7708 +27 (0) 21 657 2120


    25 Richefond Circle
    Umhlanga 4320 +27 (0) 31 536 8843

    United Kingdom


    One Croydon
    12-16 Addiscombe Road
    Croydon CR0 0XT +44 (0) 20 7759 7514



    9 Yarra Street
    South Yarra
    VIC 3141 +613 (0) 8651 4500

    Sable International is a trading name of 1st Contact Money Limited (company number 07070528), registered in England and Wales. We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK (FCA no. 517570), the Financial Services Conduct Authority in South Africa (1st Contact Money [PTY] Ltd - FSP no. 41900) and hold an Australian Financial Services License issued by ASIC to deal in foreign exchange (1st Contact Group - AFS License number 335 126).

    We use cookies to provide the best website experience for you. Using this website means that you agree to this. How we use cookies.