close menu

Transferring your South African retirement annuity or pension

Transfer your South African retirement funds offshore

Changes to legislation in 2008 allow South Africans who have financially emigrated via the South African Reserve Bank (SARB), to transfer their retirement funds before they mature.

Find out whether you can transfer your South African retirement annuity or pension overseas in a few simple steps:

  • Complete our free, no obligation, online assessment

  • Your assigned emigration specialist will contact you to chat about your options

  • Receive your detailed report and quote on transferring the full value of your South African retirement annuities

Why transfering your retirement annuities abroad makes sense

  • Unlock your funds

    Access the full after-tax cash value of your RA.

  • Protect your future

    Hedge against SA investment and currency risk.

  • Lessen volatility

    Eliminate the risk of Rand volatility and depreciation.

  • Invest offshore

    Invest in international hard currency with the funds.


We are South African expat financial migration specialists. We take care of the entire process, from arranging your financial emigration to the foreign exchange transfer of your retirement annuities and any other assets.

Our experience makes us uniquely equipped to help you navigate the complex and time-consuming process of transferring your South African retirement annuities after your financial emigration. 


South Africa

Cape Town

Regent Square
Doncaster Road
Kenilworth 7708 +27 (0) 21 657 2120


201 The Annex
Ridgeside Office Park
Umhlanga +27 (0) 31 536 8843

United Kingdom


Castlewood House
77/91 New Oxford Street
WC1A 1DG +44 (0) 20 7759 7514


5-7 Selsdon Road
South Croydon
CR2 6PU +44 (0) 20 7759 7581



9 Yarra Street
South Yarra
VIC 3141 +613 (0) 8651 4500

Sable International is a trading name of 1st Contact Money Limited (company number 7070528) registered in England and Wales. Sable International is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK (FCA no. 517570), the Financial Services Conduct Authority in South Africa (FSP no. 41900) and holds an Australian Financial Services License issued by ASIC to deal in foreign exchange (AFS License number 335 126).

This site uses cookies, read more or close this notice.