Apply for an Australian Work and Holiday (Temporary) visa
In order to be eligible for this visa you must:
- Be aged between 18 and 31
- Have a passport from an eligible country
- Have saved AU $5,000 to support yourself during your stay
- Have not previously entered Australia on a Work and Holiday (Temporary) visa (subclass 462)
If you have a partner, they cannot be included on the visa. They will have to meet the same criteria in order to obtain their own visa.
During your stay in Australia, you cannot do either of the following:
- Have a dependant accompanying you at any time
- Work for longer than six months for any one employer
The visa can be extended for a further 12 months should the applicant work in a regional area of Australia for three months.
Countries eligible for the Australian working holiday visa