close menu

Apply for an Australian working holiday visa

If you’re from one of the participating countries, the Australian working holiday visa allows you to come to Australia to live and work for 12 months. The visa is a popular choice for younger travellers keen on getting an idea of what it’s like to live and travel around Australia.

Apply for an Australian Work and Holiday (Temporary) visa

In order to be eligible for this visa you must:

  • Be aged between 18 and 31
  • Have a passport from an eligible country
  • Have saved AU $5,000 to support yourself during your stay
  • Have not previously entered Australia on a Work and Holiday (Temporary) visa (subclass 462)

If you have a partner, they cannot be included on the visa. They will have to meet the same criteria in order to obtain their own visa.

During your stay in Australia, you cannot do either of the following:

  • Have a dependant accompanying you at any time
  • Work for longer than six months for any one employer

The visa can be extended for a further 12 months should the applicant work in a regional area of Australia for three months.

Countries eligible for the Australian working holiday visa

Belgium Ireland
Canada Italy
Cyprus Japan
Denmark South Korea
Estonia Malta
Finland Netherlands
France Norway
Germany Sweden
Hong Kong Taiwan
The UK

South Africa

Cape Town

Regent Square
Doncaster Road
Kenilworth 7708 +27 (0) 21 657 2120


201 The Annex
Ridgeside Office Park
Umhlanga +27 (0) 31 536 8843

United Kingdom


Castlewood House
77/91 New Oxford Street
WC1A 1DG +44 (0) 20 7759 7514


5-7 Selsdon Road
South Croydon
CR2 6PU +44 (0) 20 7759 7581



9 Yarra Street
South Yarra
VIC 3141 +613 (0) 8651 4500

Sable International is a trading name of 1st Contact Money Limited (company number 07070528), registered in England and Wales. We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK (FCA no. 517570), the Financial Services Conduct Authority in South Africa (1st Contact Money [PTY] Ltd - FSP no. 41900) and hold an Australian Financial Services License issued by ASIC to deal in foreign exchange (1st Contact Group - AFS License number 335 126).

Please note: Sable International is a trading name of Philip Gamble and Co. Ltd. Philip Gamble and Co. Ltd is registered in the UK with the Office of the Immigration Service Commissioner (OISC) under no. F2001-00004. Our staff based outside of the UK are not regulated by the OISC and may be involved in some client casework. However, they work to the same high standards as our UK staff and clients receive the same service regardless of which office they engage with.

This site uses cookies, read more or close this notice.