Qualify to live and work in the UK. Contact our consultants.
The application process for this visa is often complex. You will need to provide extensive documentation to show that the company you wish to represent requires a sole overseas representative.
To be considered for this visa, you must:
- Be recruited and employed outside of the UK by an overseas company*
- Have extensive industry-related experience and knowledge
- Hold a senior position within the company and have full authority to make decisions on its behalf**
- Intend to establish the company’s first commercial presence in the UK
Depending on which passport you hold, you may need to prove your knowledge of the English language. This will usually be done by:
- Passing an approved English language test
- Holding an academic qualification that was taught in English***
* The headquarters and main place of business must be outside of the UK.
** You may not be a major shareholder of this company.
*** The qualification must be recognised by UK NARIC as being equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree.
Extending your visa
This visa is initially valid for three years. If your visa expires and you find that you need to stay for longer than this, you can extend you visa for up to two years.
If you have dependants who are on your current visa, they should be included on your application to extend - including children who have turned 18 during your stay.
After you have been in the UK for five years and have had an ongoing job with the same company, you are able to apply for indefinite leave to remain.