Private medical insurance
Contractors enjoy a variety of benefits that are not associated with permanent employment, including flexibility in working hours. However, this means that self-employed individuals, unlike permanent employees, run the risk of disrupting their cash flow where they are unable to work due to medical issues such as illness. They are also responsible for covering their own healthcare costs
Using a private medical insurance scheme ensures that you receive the best treatment when you need it. When you purchase a scheme from WPA, the benefits include:
- Avoiding NHS waiting lists
- Reducing time away from work
- High quality treatment
- Immediate cover
- Preferential rates
Please note: A payment for private medical insurance on your behalf by a limited company of which you are the director is seen as a benefit in kind and subject to taxation. This benefit must be reported on form P11D on your tax return in July each year. If you choose to take out and pay for the cover personally, the payment will no longer be a benefit in kind.
Flexible, affordable health cover
WPA offers three packages: Essential, Premier and Elite.
- Essential: Fast track medical services at private surgeries
- Premier: Full private medical insurance, including cancer care
- Elite: Premier plus unlimited benefits for out-patient consultations and tests, extensive dental cover and emergency benefits for when you’re abroad
If you’re a contractor and you would like to know more about WPA’s services, please fill in the form below and a WPA representative will contact you.