Common tax and filing deadlines
Here are some common tax and statutory filing deadlines for companies and individuals
- VAT quarters' ending and due dates
- Corporation Tax payment
- Corporation Tax Return
- Annual accounts due to HMRC and Companies House
- Annual return due to Companies House
- Payroll taxes (PAYE/NI) payment due to HMRC: 19th of each month for the previous month, or the 19th of each quarter for the previous three months
- Payroll filing (P35 and P14s): 19 May each year
- Payroll filing (P11Ds): 6 July each year
- Personal tax return and payments on account: 31 January and 31 July
For help in meeting any of these deadlines, contact us on or +44 (0) 20 7759 7530 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to consider when choosing an accountant
The contractor accounting marketplace is a competitive space, with many unregulated accounting companies. The industry is controlled by regulations and legislation that your accountant should be aware of. We advise you to consider the following aspects carefully when making this decision:
|Make sure you:
||What we do:
|Consider the size and complexity of your business. Ensure that the accountant you choose is best-suited for your size company.
||We specialise in small and medium-sized enterprises.
|Ensure that the accountant has professional qualifications or is registered with an accounting governing body.
||We are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
|Check that the accountant has professional indemnity insurance. If the advice provided to you is incorrect, you could claim for any financial loss suffered.
||We have professional indemnity in place.
|Look for a proactive accountant who will remind you when deadlines are approaching.
We send monthly email reminders of any upcoming deadlines.
|Consider an accountant that provides other complementary services. This will be a great added value to you as all of your professional matters can be dealt with in one place.
||We also offer legal, offshore, immigration, tax and foreign exchange services.