close menu

Useful information
for SMEs

Common tax and filing deadlines

Here are some common tax and statutory filing deadlines for companies and individuals

  • VAT quarters' ending and due dates
  • Corporation Tax payment
  • Corporation Tax Return
  • Annual accounts due to HMRC and Companies House
  • Annual return due to Companies House
  • Payroll taxes (PAYE/NI) payment due to HMRC: 19th of each month for the previous month, or the 19th of each quarter for the previous three months
  • Payroll filing (P35 and P14s): 19 May each year
  • Payroll filing (P11Ds): 6 July each year
  • Personal tax return and payments on account: 31 January and 31 July

For help in meeting any of these deadlines, contact us on or +44 (0) 20 7759 7530 or

What to consider when choosing an accountant

The contractor accounting marketplace is a competitive space, with many unregulated accounting companies. The industry is controlled by regulations and legislation that your accountant should be aware of. We advise you to consider the following aspects carefully when making this decision:

Make sure you: What we do:
Consider the size and complexity of your business. Ensure that the accountant you choose is best-suited for your size company. We specialise in small and medium-sized enterprises.
Ensure that the accountant has professional qualifications or is registered with an accounting governing body. We are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Check that the accountant has professional indemnity insurance. If the advice provided to you is incorrect, you could claim for any financial loss suffered. We have professional indemnity in place.
Look for a proactive accountant who will remind you when deadlines are approaching. We send monthly email reminders of any upcoming deadlines.
Consider an accountant that provides other complementary services. This will be a great added value to you as all of your professional matters can be dealt with in one place. We also offer legal, offshore, immigration, tax and foreign exchange services.

Filing accounts using iXBRL

Since April 2011, all UK limited companies need to file accounts and Corporation Tax returns by using the iXBRL tagging format. This means that companies can no longer simply post their accounts and returns; instead, they have to file them electronically. If you need help with filing your accounts in the right format, or you're struggling with your iXBRL submission, please contact us and we will be happy to assist you.

Contact us on +44 (0) 20 7759 7530 or

Useful links

South Africa

Cape Town

Regent Square
Doncaster Road
Kenilworth 7708 +27 (0) 21 657 2120


25 Richefond Circle
Umhlanga 4320 +27 (0) 31 536 8843

United Kingdom


Castlewood House
77/91 New Oxford Street
WC1A 1DG +44 (0) 20 7759 7514


5-7 Selsdon Road
South Croydon
CR2 6PU +44 (0) 20 7759 7581



9 Yarra Street
South Yarra
VIC 3141 +613 (0) 8651 4500

Sable International is a trading name of 1st Contact Money Limited (company number 07070528), registered in England and Wales. We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK (FCA no. 517570), the Financial Services Conduct Authority in South Africa (1st Contact Money [PTY] Ltd - FSP no. 41900) and hold an Australian Financial Services License issued by ASIC to deal in foreign exchange (1st Contact Group - AFS License number 335 126).

We use cookies to provide the best website experience for you. Using this website means that you agree to this. How we use cookies.