Affordable insurance advice
Finding affordable insurance advice for your health and business can be especially difficult for an independent contractor. Accidents can happen and having the right insurance is vital to ensuring that your business doesn’t suffer.
One health setback or legal issue could be enough end your contracting dream before your business even has a chance to get off the ground. Fortunately, there are options to keep your health and business in check, and more importantly, your wallet happy. These are some of the great insurance packages we offer.
We advise on all the major insurance areas, including:
- Life cover
- Disability cover
- Private medical cover
- Income protection
- Critical illness
If you're self-employed, we can assist you with contractor-specific insurance schemes:
- Contractor insurance
- Professional indemnity
Medical insurance for contractors
WPA offers excellent value health insurance to contractors. With over 110 years of experience and tailored policies for the self-employed, their customers receive the highest standard service and care.
Private medical insurance
Contractors enjoy a variety of benefits that are not associated with permanent employment, including flexibility in working hours. However, this means that self-employed individuals, unlike permanent employees, run the risk of disrupting their cash flow where they are unable to work due to medical issues such as illness. They are also responsible for covering their own healthcare costs.
Using a private medical cover ensures that you receive the best treatment when you need it. It gives you the freedom to choose the service and treatment you would like to receive at a time that is convenient for you and your business. WPA is a non-for-profit company that has been providing cover for over a century. The company has won various awards and are renowned for their high levels of customer service. When you purchase a scheme from WPA, the benefits include:
When you purchase a scheme from WPA, the benefits include:
- Avoiding NHS waiting lists
- Reducing time away from work
- High quality treatment
- Immediate cover
- Preferential rates
- You will have access to over 600 private hospitals.
- If you join WPA, you will have the freedom to choose when and where you are treated.
Please note: A payment for private medical insurance on your behalf by a limited company of which you are the director is seen as a benefit in kind and subject to taxation. This benefit must be reported on form P11D on your tax return in July each year. If you choose to take out and pay for the cover personally, the payment will no longer be a benefit in kind.
Flexible, affordable health cover
WPA offers three packages: Essential, Premier and Elite.
Professional indemnity insurance
Professional indemnity insurance is an important cover for businesses, particularly one’s that give advice or provide a professional service to clients. Having professional indemnity insurance covers your defence costs and any resulting damages awarded against you resulting from claims of “negligence” made by a customer.
Many agencies and companies who use the services of contractors require them to have this cover. We provide a simple and instant insurance solution.
Professional indemnity insurance (PII) also covers:
- Loss of data
- Employee dishonesty
- Breach of contract resulting from any neglect, error or omission
- Unintentional breach or infringement upon rights in or unauthorised use of intellectual property
- Libel and slander
Please note: PII does not provide cover for third party damage or injury caused as a result of your negligence
Instant and comprehensive cover
We have entered into a partnership with Caunce O’Hara, an award-winning insurance brokerage, to provide PII and other cover to our clients.
Through this collaboration, we can offer highly competitive policies that are comprehensive as well as flexible enough to accommodate your personal circumstances.
In addition to PII, we offer the following policies:
- Business combined: Covers your business equipment if you trade from home and you cause any injury or damage at a client's premises.
- Personal accident, sickness and travel: Provides financial help should you suffer from an injury or illness. You may also incorporate cover for business and holiday travel worldwide for you and your family.
- Legal and professional expenses: Provides cover up to £100,000 on any one claim.
- Contract review: Comprehensive reviews of IR35 contracts.
- Health and safety: We help you meet health and safety legislation by providing a full policy statement, which can be personally tailored to your company.