We offer a full suite of UK visa and immigration services:


We work according to a strict “no visa, no fee” policy. If you don’t get your visa, you don’t pay us a penny.

Contact our visa consultants to determine whether you’re eligible for the visa you wish to apply for. We'll advise you, deal with the Home Office on your behalf and guide your visa application every step of the way.

Extend your UK visa or become a resident

If you’ve decided to make the UK your home, we can also help you extend your visa or finalise your stay by helping with your indefinite leave to remain (ILR) application. ILR allows you to work without restriction in the UK and exit and re-enter the country multiple times, with the end goal of gaining British citizenship.

Why UK immigration is so popular

Exported from Streamline App (

Great education options. Top-notch schools and universities

Exported from Streamline App (

Fantastic state-sponsored health care

Exported from Streamline App (

Great work opportunities in a growing economy

Exported from Streamline App (

Business and entrepreneur-friendly laws

Let us help with your UK visa application

Whether you need to apply for a student visa or indefinite leave to remain, employ a foreign national for your business or spend a year abroad, we can make the process of applying for your UK visa as stress-free and easy as possible.

Some of the most common visas our clients apply for:

  1. UK Ancestry visa

    If you have a grandparent who was born in the UK, you could be eligible

  2. UK Skilled Worker visas (formally the Tier 2 (General) work visa)

    Live and work in the UK for up to two years

  3. UK working holiday visa

    Live and work in the UK for up to two years

  4. UK student visas

    Travel to the UK for a short stay

  5. UK visitor visas

    If you have a grandparent who was born in the UK, you could be eligible

  6. UK investor visas

    Live and work in the UK by making a large investment or starting a business

  7. UK permanent residency

    Permanent residency or indefinite leave to remain allows you to remain in the UK for an indefinite period

  8. UK visa extensions

    Extend your Ancestry visas, partner visas, work permits and student visas

UK visa FAQ

Applying for your UK visa can be a complicated process, but we try to make it as easy as possible. We’ve put together a list of the most frequently asked questions we receive about getting a UK visa.

If you still have any questions, you can contact our immigration team on +44 (0) 20 7759 7580, or you can email us on

General questions

  1. What is the Immigration Health Surcharge and how much does it cost?

    The Immigration Health Surcharge lets certain visa holders in the UK access the National Health Service as though they were. The health surcharge is set according to the length of time you are permitted to stay in the UK and the category of visa you’re on.

  2. What is a BRP card?

    A biometric residence permit (BRP) shows a person’s immigration status in the UK, their biographic details, biometric information as well as whether they can access public funds. You will be required to have this card as proof of your right to stay, work or study in the UK.

  3. Where do I collect my BRP card and how long do I have to do so?

    You must collect your BRP card within 10 days of your arrival in the UK or before your 30-day vignette expires, whichever is the later. If you fail to collect your BRP within this time, you may be subject to a fine or even the cancellation of your visa. You will need to pick up your BRP at the UK Post Office branch nearest to your intended UK address, as stated on your application form.

  4. When should I start my visa application process?

    We recommend that you begin working on your application 90 days before your intended date of arrival in the UK.

  5. How long will it take for my visa to be granted?

    UK visas can take anything from 10 days to three months to be granted after you have lodged your application with UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI). Here are the issuing times for some of the most common visas:

    • Spouse visa: Two to three months
    • Ancestry visa: Two to four weeks

    What is the visa priority service, and should I use it?

    UKVI offer a fast-track service that ensures your application will be processed within five days to three weeks, excluding postage time

    If you require your passport or documents that you submitted for your visa, then you may want to think about using the priority service to have these returned to you as soon as possible. This service is available for an additional fee.

  6. May I travel outside of the UK once I have entered the country on my visa?

    You should allow at least 10 days in the UK to collect your BRP card before leaving the UK to travel elsewhere.

  7. Can I use certified documents to apply for my visa?

    Your documentation is determined by your unique circumstance and the visa category you are applying for. In certain instances certified copies are accepted.

Spouse (family of a settled person) visa

  1. How much does the spouse visa cost?

    UKVI currently charges an application fee of £1,523 for the spouse visa. We charge an additional fee, which will be quoted when you lodge your application with us. You will also need to pay the Immigration Health Surcharge.

  2. For how long do I need to be in a relationship to qualify for a spouse visa?

    If you can prove that you are married to or in a civil partnership with a British citizen or UK settled person, or have been in a de facto relationship for more than two years, then you may apply for a spouse visa.

  3. How long can I live and work in the UK on a spouse visa?

    The spouse visa allows you to stay in the UK for 18 months. During that time, you may work without restriction, whether you’re employed or self-employed. You may also exit and re-enter the UK multiple times.

  4. How much money do I need in my bank account in order to qualify for the spouse visa?

    We suggest a minimum closing balance of £2,500 if you have multiple dependants. This should be your own money, and large sum deposits within the last three months will likely be questioned. If the money in your account is the result of the sale of an investment or asset, then proof of this sale should be supplied.


Ancestry visas

  1. Do I need to have a job offer in the UK before I apply?

    You don't need to show that you have a job in the UK when you apply for an Ancestry visa, but you will need to show that you're looking for one. If you use our Visa services, we can provide you with a list of recruitment agencies to help you with this.

  2. Can I take family members with me?

    You can include a partner as well as child dependants (under the age of 18) on you Ancestry visa and travel with them should they need a visa to enter the UK.

    To include your partner on the application, you must either have been married or living together in a relationship for at least two years directly prior to the application. Unmarried partners will be required to provide evidence of their relationship, including: Lease agreements, utility bills and bank statements.

    Please note: Further requirements and visa fees will apply for partner/dependant applications.

Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa

  1. Do I need a set amount of money in my bank account to apply for a Tier 5 visa?

    You must have £1,890 (roughly AU$4,000 or NZ$4,300) in a bank account bearing your name when you apply.

  2. Do I have any other visa options when my Tier 5 expires?

    There are various visa categories you may switch to when your Tier 5 visa expires, depending on your work situation, family ties and whether you would like to apply from within the UK or return to your home country.

Meet the UK immigration team

  • John Dunn: Citizenship and Immigration Manager
    John Dunn
    Director: Citizenship and Immigration
  • Chelsea Hallett
    Chelsea Hallett
    Immigration and Nationality Adviser
  • Kristy De Goede
    Kristy De Goede
    Immigration and Nationality Adviser
  • Lisa Oosthuizen
    Lisa Oosthuizen
    Immigration and Nationality Adviser
  • Simone Jordaan
    Simone Jordaan
    Immigration and Nationality Adviser
  • Christine Jansen van Vuuren
    Christine Jansen van Vuuren
    EU Specialist
  • Zanalee Rezandt
    Casework Admin Assistant
  • Gabriella Barries_bw
    Gabriella Eastland
  • Mishal Patel: Casework Manager
    Mishal Patel
    Director: Citizenship and Immigration
  • Michael Crago
    Michael Crago
    Immigration Caseworker
  • Carryn Phillps
    Carryn Lilley
    Immigration and Citizenship Caseworker
  • Tarna Clarkson
    Immigration and Nationality Caseworker
  • Jason_Trudgian_bw
    Jason Trudgian
    Immigration and Nationality Caseworker
  • Frances-Butler-bw
    Frances Butler
    Immigration and Nationality Adviser
  • Ruben Van Niekerk
    Ruben Van Niekerk
    Client Liaison
  • Megan McArthur
    Meghan McArthur
    Immigration and Nationality Manager
  • John Dunn
    Director: Citizenship and Immigration

    John joined Sable International in 2008 and has managed multiple divisions during his time with the company.

    He has over a decade of experience in immigration, citizenship and residency-by-investment. He combines that with a background in sales, marketing and management to ensure that Sable International is the go to for all things relating to citizenship and immigration around the world.

    Outside of work, John is dedicated to his young family. He enjoys fitness activities and loves the outdoors.

    Read John's latest articles and insights.

  • Chelsea Hallett
    Immigration and Nationality Adviser

    Chelsea joined Philip Gamble & Partners in 2015 as a Nationality Administrator with a background in administration.

    Born and raised in Cape Town, South Africa, she has travelled extensively throughout the UK and developed an interest in British Nationality. She is organised, optimistic and dedicated. Using her exceptional customer service and administrative skills, Chelsea ensures that all of our clients have the best possible experience.

  • Kristy De Goede
    Immigration and Nationality Adviser

    Kristy has been part of the Sable International family for many years. She started off on the tax refunds team and then moved into the immigration department. She has since become an expert in assisting customers with their UK visa applications and extensions.

    Dedicated to providing excellent customer service to all clients, she has become particularly good at assessing what a client’s best relocation options are.

    Outside of work she enjoys spending time with her family and friends. She also has a keen passion for travel.

  • Lisa Oosthuizen
    Immigration and Nationality Adviser

    Lisa studied at Stellenbosch University, where she completed a degree in social work.

    She is the administrative assistant for our immigration casework team.

    When she’s not helping ensure all our clients’ needs are taken care of, she likes to spend time with her friends, family and children. She’s also quite fond of experimental cooking and going on adventures.

  • Simone Jordaan
    Immigration and Nationality Adviser

    Simone joined us in 2015 as a British Nationality Advisor.

    She has a B.Comm in Industrial and Organisational Psychology. Among other things, Simone has worked as an assistant within a psychology practice and as an administrator at a five-star hotel where she had the opportunity to interact with customers from all corners of the globe on a daily basis. Empathetic and professional, Simone is an avid traveller, who has spent a lot of time exploring Europe.

  • Christine Jansen van Vuuren
    EU Specialist

    Christine has a Bachelor of Social Science in Organizational Psychology and Industrial Sociology from the University of Cape Town. She started as a UK Immigration Caseworker, handling the preparation and submission of British passport and entry clearance visa applications, before shifting her focus to EU nationality matters. In her current role she conducts complex EU nationality assessments and prepares various EU citizenship and passport applications.

    As an ambitious and strong-willed individual, she prides herself on learning new things to develop herself both personally and professionally.

  • Zanalee Rezandt
    Casework Admin Assistant

    Zanalee's academic career started at the University of Cape Town with a Bachelor of Social Science specialising in Gender Studies and Sociology. She went on to complete her LLB and Postgraduate Diploma in Alternative Dispute Resolution.

    Before joining Sable International, she completed her articles of clerkship at Chafeker and Shabodien Inc Attorneys. Though she possess qualifications that speak to the legal fraternity, she is yet to find what area she would like to specialise in. She believes that with hard work and being open to the business at Sable International, she will find her niche. 

    Her role at Sable International will include assisting Caseworkers with administrative duties within the visas department.

    Outside of work, she enjoys exercising for pleasure, catching up with friends, watching series and the occasional hike in and around Cape Town.

  • Gabriella Eastland

    Gabriella was born and raised in Cape Town. She attended Wynberg Girls’ Junior and High Schools before studying Beauty Therapy and Somatology. She went on to work as a personal assistant and au pair, and in various retail environments, gaining experience in sales, customer service and admin.

    In 2020, she changed career paths and enrolled at Varsity College to study Business Principles and Practices. 

    She is creative and passionate, but always organised, diligent and determined. She enjoys being outdoors, going for drives, reading a good book, making the most out of life and spending time with family and friends.

  • Mishal Patel
    Director: Citizenship and Immigration

    Mishal was born in Mombasa, Kenya and relocated to the UK in 2004 after a successful colonial nationality claim through Philip Gamble & Partners.

    Mishal joined Sable International in 2009 and is a registered Level 1 adviser in UK immigration with the OISC. Mishal works closely with Philip Gamble and assists in isolating claims to British nationality for those who have connections to former British Territories, those who are resident in the UK and those adopted by British citizens. Mishal has a special interest in East Africa and the sub-continent. He is fluent English, Kiswahili and Gujarati.

    Read Mishal's latest articles and insights.

  • Michael Crago
    Immigration Caseworker

    Michael joined Sable International in 2017 and took up a position in our Tax Refunds department. A year later he joined the Immigration department in our Cape Town office.

    With a passion for UK immigration and citizenship, he registered with the OISC at Level 1 in UK immigration. He now works as an Immigration Caseworker and represents and assists clients with their cases.

    He enjoys meeting up with friends and family, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

  • Carryn Lilley
    Immigration and Citizenship Caseworker

    Carryn was born and raised in Cape Town where she attended Rustenburg Girls’ High and thereafter graduated from Varsity College with a Bachelor of Arts in corporate communication.

    After several years working in a client-focused role in the hospitality and event planning industry, she felt it was time for a change. She joined Sable International in 2020, as Client Liaison on our 1st Contact Relocation team, before moving to the Immigration team in 2022.

    Carryn enjoys photography, being outdoors with her dog - especially by the ocean where she resides - and spending time with family.

  • Tarna Clarkson
    Immigration and Nationality Caseworker

    Tarna was born in Cape Town and has travelled the world - from living in America, to snorkelling in Asia and tasting incredible cuisines in the Middle East.

    It is while travelling that she discovered she enjoyed interacting with different people and learning about other cultures – ultimately leading her to a career focused on engaging with clients. 

    Outside of work, Tarna loves to stay active by cycling, running or going to the beach for a surf. She really enjoys spending time with her family and friends.

  • Jason Trudgian
    Immigration and Nationality Caseworker

    Jason was born and raised in Cape Town. Both of his parents were born in the UK and he has lived and worked in the UK.

    He was originally at Sable International between 2008 and 2018 and returned to Sable International in 2022, after spending four years at a local immigration company. 

    Outside of work he spends time with family and is part of a local soccer team, where he plays in a league during the winter season.

  • Frances Butler
    Immigration and Nationality Adviser

    Frances grew up in the UK and moved to Cape Town in 2006. Prior to starting at Sable International, she spent some years working with children in the USA and London and at a US exchange program, helping young women with program and visa applications.

    She is a big people person and loves meeting new people. In her free time she enjoys spending time with family, travelling and exploring the local restaurant scene.

  • Ruben Van Niekerk
    Client Liaison

    Ruben grew up in a small town in the Northern Cape. He has a background in hospitality and has worked in some of South Africa's finest restaurants and hotels.

    He previously worked in Sable International’s Business Immigration division, where he worked as an Admin Assistant, providing our clients with exceptional service and assistance.

    As a Client Liaison in the visas and immigration team he builds and maintains positive relationships with our clients by keeping them informed about their case progression, or resolving any issues they have.

    In his spare time, Ruben enjoys hiking, the outdoors, gardening, meeting up with friends and going on road trips.

  • Meghan McArthur
    Immigration and Nationality Manager

    Meghan started her career with Sable International in 2008, as part of our customer service department.

    From there, she also spent time in our UK tax refunds and forex departments, gaining valuable insight into the overall workings of the business. Meghan’s passion for customer service and personal growth eventually led her to our visa department, where she worked as a UK Immigration Caseworker, before being promoted to Immigration and Nationality Manager.

Get in touch

Fill in your details below and one of our expert advisers will be in touch as soon as they are able.

Authorised to practise immigration law by the OISC under Registration No F200100004.