Let us help you immigrate to Australia

Why thousands use our service to migrate to Australia

Exported from Streamline App (https://app.streamlineicons.com)

We have over 20 years of experience in providing immigration and nationality advice

Exported from Streamline App (https://app.streamlineicons.com)

Our consultants are trained professionals who understand the ins and outs of Australian immigration

Exported from Streamline App (https://app.streamlineicons.com)

We treat each case on an individual basis to provide you with advice that caters to your circumstances

Australian employer sponsored visas.

An employer sponsored visa is a great way to make a permanent move to Australia. To be eligible you will need to find an Australian-based employer to sponsor you.

Temporary Skilled Shortage visa (subclass 482 visa)

In April 2018, the Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457 visa) was replaced with the Temporary Skilled Shortage (TSS) visa.

The TSS visa has a short-term stream and a medium-term stream. The stream you apply for is dependent on which list your occupation is on. Applicants with occupations on the Short-term Skilled Occupations List (STSOL) are eligible for a visa of up to two years on the short-term stream. Applicants who apply for jobs on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) are eligible for a visa of up to four years on the medium-term stream and may apply for permanent residency after three years.

Standard business sponsorship (SBS)

Businesses who wish to employ workers from another country first need to obtain an SBS to sponsor overseas workers on the TSS visa streams. As each application is assessed by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection, Australian companies who wish to sponsor international applicants need to show that they are legally trading in Australia and have processes in place to train local employees.

Overseas businesses with plans to expand their business in Australia, or with contracts to fulfil in the country, are also able to apply for an overseas business SBS. If granted, these foreign companies can make use of the TSS visa. The companies must declare that they have been unable to find a suitable local worker from the Australian work force.


Employers must select the role that needs to be filled from the defined list of skilled occupations. All nominated roles need to meet certain minimum criteria relating to salary and skill level.

Once a role is selected, immigration authorities will evaluate the nomination and determine whether it meets their criteria. As nominations are thoroughly examined, it is important that applications are well-prepared and correctly completed.

Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186 visa)

These applicants usually hold positions that appear on Australia’s Skilled Occupation List.

The Subclass 186 visa has three visa streams:

Additional criteria for the Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186 visa)

When applying for this visa, you will be assessed on a number of different factors, including age, English language ability, training, health, character and what the market salary rates are.

We have dealt with a wide variety of employee nominated visas and can assess your eligibility to determine if you qualify for the Employer Nominated Scheme. If you do not qualify we can advise you on what you need to do in order to qualify.

Is an employer-sponsored visa not the right fit for you? Read on to learn more about other visa routes such as Skilled Migration visas, Australian Partner visas and Australian Parent visas.

We provide specialist Australian immigration advice and assistance.

Live and work in Australia on a skilled visa

There are a variety of visas for skilled migrants available for those wanting to make a permanent move to Australia. These visas are points-based and depend on a range of factors that vary depending on what kind of job you apply for, where in Australia you intend to move to and your own personal skills and circumstances.

How the points-based system works

The Australian government operates a general skilled migration programme. It is essentially a points-based system where points are awarded to applicants based on age, qualification, experience and English language skills.

Your occupation is the basis for your eligibility, so those holding occupations in demand will have the greatest visa options. Australian immigration officials frequently update both the national and regional skills list which determine which occupations are most needed.

Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189 visa)

The Skilled Independent visa is a permanent resident visa. It is the most desirable visa as it gives the holder the freedom and flexibility to live and work anywhere in Australia.

Successful applicants must be under 45 years of age, score at least 65 points on the immigration points test and have an occupation on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL).

Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190 visa)

The Skilled Nominated visa is a permanent resident visa, only granted to applicants who are nominated by a state or territory government.

The state governments have assessed their own labour market needs and formed lists of occupations in demand. In addition to receiving state nomination, the successful applicant must be under 45 years of age, score at least 65 points and have an occupation on the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL). State nomination adds an additional five points to an applicant’s score, which could make the difference in meeting the 65-point threshold.

Skilled Recognised Graduate visa (subclass 476 visa)

This visa is specifically aimed at engineering graduates, under the age of 31, who wish to gain up to 18 months of skilled work experience in Australia.

You will need to have completed an engineering degree at a recognised institution within the last two years. This can be either a university or a technikon.

You will also need to have had a major sequence of study, or a specialisation in:

  • Civil engineering
  • Structural engineering
  • Chemical engineering
  • Environmental engineering
  • Electrical and electronics engineering
  • Mechanical, production and plant engineering
  • Mining and material engineering

Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491 visa)

The Skilled Work Regional visa will allow you to live and work in specified regional areas in Australia for up to five years. To qualify, you’ll need to either be sponsored by an eligible relative or be nominated to apply by a state or territory government agency.

You must score 65 points or more and be under the age of 45 when you apply, and your occupation must be on the list of eligible occupations. After three years of living in Australia on the Skilled Work Regional visa, you’ll be able to apply for a permanent residence visa.

The designated regional areas are:

  • South Australia
  • Tasmania
  • Western Australia
  • Australian Capital Territory
  • Victoria (except the Melbourne metropolitan)
  • Queensland (except the greater Brisbane area)
  • Northern Territory
  • New South Wales (except Sydney)

We provide specialist Australian immigration advice and assistance.

Australian partner visa applications

If you are in a relationship with an Australian citizen, a permanent resident of Australia or an eligible New Zealand citizen, you might qualify for an Australian Partner visa. These are extremely popular visas.

Types of Australian Partner visas

The Australian Partner visa category is divided into various subclasses. Their classification is dependent on whether the visa is temporary or permanent as well as where the application is made.

The Department of Immigration and Border Protection assesses applications under a “combined application”. This means that your application will be assessed against the criteria for both temporary and permanent partner visas. You will be issued with the appropriate visa, depending on which criteria you meet.

Temporary Partner visa

The temporary Partner visa is valid for two years. During this period your relationship will be assessed to ensure that you intend to stay with your partner. If your relationship passes the test, you will be granted a permanent Australian Partner visa.

Permanent Partner visa

The Permanent Partner visa is valid for five years. Once you have held this visa for four years, you will be eligible to apply for citizenship.

All Australian Partner visa applications are assessed on the following:

  • The financial aspects of the relationship, which includes how financial responsibilities are shared or pooled
  • The nature of the household, which includes how household tasks are divided and shared
  • Social aspects of the relationship, which includes how you are perceived as a couple in public
  • Nature of the persons’ commitment to each other, which includes the willingness to move to another country

Bringing your partner to Australia

There are four routes to bringing your partner to Australia:

Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309 visa) and Partner (Migrant) visa (subclass 100 visa)

Any person submitting an application for a visa falling under either subclass 309 visa or 100 visa must do so outside of Australia. Should you wish to travel to Australia while your partner visa is being processed, you are able to do so provided you secure an appropriate visa (i.e. a Visitor visa).

Partner visa (subclasses 820 visa and 801 visa)

As subclasses 820 visa and 801 visa cover permanent partner visas, you may apply from within Australia.

To apply, you must hold a valid Australian visa (excluding a Bridging, Criminal Justice or Enforcement visa) or be eligible for a waiver. In addition to this, these applicants must not hold a visa with condition 8503, which prevents you from making a further application in Australia.

Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300 visa)

The purpose of this visa is to allow the unmarried partners of Australian citizens to travel to Australia to get married. It is granted for nine months. As this is a temporary visa, you must be outside of Australia when you apply for the visa as well as when it is granted.

The Prospective Marriage visa has unrestricted work rights. The holder is required to marry their partner and apply for the Australian Partner visa before the visa expires.

This visa is often referred to as the fiancé visa and is used by unmarried individuals who cannot show that they have cohabited for 12 months.

New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship (Temporary) visa (subclass 461 visa)

This visa allows a non-New Zealand family member of a New Zealand citizen, who is living in Australia, to live and work in Australia for up to five years.

This is a five-year provisional visa that will not lead to permanent residency in Australia but can be renewed onshore as required.

This visa allows the holder to:

  • Work and study in Australia
  • Live in and travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted

We provide specialist Australian immigration advice and assistance.

Reunite your family with an Australian Parent visa

Parents of Australian citizens or permanent residents can apply to migrate to Australia. You must have lived in Australia for at least two years prior to your parents’ immigration to be an eligible sponsor.

Contributory Parent visa
(subclass 143 visa)
Contributory Parent (Temporary) visa
(subclass 173 visa)
Parent visa
(subclass 103 visa)

Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143 visa)

To be eligible for this visa, applicants must:

  • Be the parent of a child (natural, adopted or stepchild) who is a settled Australian citizen, settled permanent resident or settled eligible New Zealand citizen
  • Have at least half of their children permanently residing in Australia
  • Have more children living permanently in Australia than any other country
  • Can be applied for within Australia

This visa allows the applicant, together with their accompanying spouse and dependent family members, to:

  • Work and study in Australia
  • Live as permanent residents in Australia indefinitely
  • Sponsor additional applicants for permanent residency in Australia
  • Apply for Australian citizenship, subject to the residency eligibility criteria
  • Receive subsidised healthcare through Medicare and the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
  • Travel to and from Australia for five years, from the date the visa is granted

Assuror of support

The applicant will need an assuror of support. This person, usually their child, must be prepared to provide financial assistance to the visa applicant, spouse and dependent family members. This ensures that they do not need to rely on government support for 10 years.

In addition to this, the assuror must reimburse any recoverable social security payments made to the applicant or their accompanying spouse and dependant family members in the first 10 years of residency in Australia.

Finally, the assuror needs to lodge a bond of AU $10,000 for one applicant, and AU $4,000 for each additional adult family member. This amount may be returned after the 10-year period.

The Contributory Parent Migrant visa is similar to the Non-Contributory Parent visa. The main difference is the reduced waiting period due to the larger contributory grant fee. With this payment, the visa is processed within 15-18 months from application, rather than 12-18 years for the Non-Contributory Parent visa.

Contributory Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 173 visa)

To be eligible for this, applicants must:

  • Currently live outside of Australia
  • Be the parent of a child (natural, adopted or step child) who is a settled Australian citizen, settled permanent resident or settled eligible New Zealand citizen
  • Be able to pay the high contributory amounts, which are split into two separate payments under the 173 visa and 143 visa applications

This visa is temporary and cannot be extended. After arriving in Australia, holders of this visa have two years in which to apply for a Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143 visa). This will give the applicant permanent resident status in Australia. Applicants must apply for their permanent visa before their temporary visa expire

This visa allows the applicant, together with their accompanying spouse and dependent family members, to:

  • Work and study in Australia
  • Live as temporary residents in Australia for two years
  • Have access to Medicare, Australia's medical expenses and hospital care assistance scheme

The applicant will need a sponsor to give written confirmation that they will provide support, accommodation and financial assistance to the applicant and any accompanying spouse and dependant family members during their first two years in Australia.

Parent visa (subclass 103 visa)

To be eligible for this visa, the applicant must:

  • Be the parent of a child – naturally or by law - who is a settled Australian citizen, settled permanent resident or settled eligible New Zealand citizen
  • Have at least half of their children permanently residing in Australia
  • Have more children living permanently in Australia than any other country

This visa allows the applicant, their accompanying spouse and any dependant family members to:

  • Live as permanent residents in Australia
  • Work and study in Australias
  • Receive subsidised healthcare through Medicare and the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme
  • Access certain social security payments
  • Apply for Australian citizenship, once residency eligibility criteria are met
  • Sponsor other applicants for permanent residence

Applicants for this visa currently have to wait over 20 years before it is granted, as the government limits the number of places available each year of the programme. To manage demand fairly, applicants who meet the core criteria for this visa are placed in a global queue.

Due to the long waiting period, applicants may choose to apply for a Contributory Parent visa instead (see above). This visa requires that applicants, or their sponsor, pay a much higher visa application fee and Assurance of Support bond. This contributes to government revenue and helps to offset some costs placed on the community by parent migration.

We provide specialist Australian immigration advice and assistance.

How to get an Australian student visa (Subclass 500)

The Australian student visa is a temporary visa that lasts up to five years depending on the type of course you study and its length.

Before applying for a student visa, you must be enrolled in an approved course of study in Australia. If you need help with choosing and applying to a university in Australia, you can contact our Study Abroad advisors.

Requirements for the Australian student visa:

In order to receive your student visa you will need to submit the following documents:

  • Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)
  • A CoE is an official document issued by the education provider to verify your enrollment and which confirms that you have paid your required tuition fees.

  • Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE)
  • The government requires proof that the student’s intentions to stay in Australia are temporary and that they will return home upon completion of the course. You will need to have a Statement of Purpose (SoP) to show genuine intention to study.

You will need the to meet the following:

  1. Financial requirements

    At the time of your student visa application, you must be able to show you have enough money to cover your tuition fees, travel expenses and living costs for the duration of your stay. These requirements depend on various factors like your country, course taken, provider chosen, lifestyle, etc.

  2. English language proficiency

    If you are not from an English-speaking country or one that is exempt (or you haven't completed five years of study in an English speaking country), you will need to take an English language test from an accredited provider to prove your proficiency.

  3. Health requirement

    All Australian student visa applicants must undergo a medical health examination. The specifics depend on the following factors

    • The length of your stay in Australia
    • Your country’s level of tuberculosis risk
    • Any special circumstances that may be applicable
    • The presence of any significant medical condition

    You will have to attend an appointment with a doctor who is approved by the Australian immigration department.

  4. Character requirements

    You might be asked to provide a police clearance certificate when applying. The requirements may be different if you’ve lived in multiple countries in the past.

  5. Have adequate health insurance

    You must be covered by Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). As an applicant, you must have OSHC for the entirety of your stay in Australia. You cannot get a visa without adequate health cover.

Study and work in Australia

International students are allowed to work up to 20 hours per week while studying in Australia. This is a great opportunity if you want to earn money to offset living expenses during your stay, and if you want to gain work experience in your field of study. Most student visas allow for full-time work when the semester is on break. 

We provide specialist Australian immigration advice and assistance.

Apply for an Australian working holiday visa

An Australian working holiday visa allows you to come to the country to live and work for 12 months. The visa is a popular choice for younger travellers keen to explore Australia for an extended period.

Apply for an Australian Work and Holiday (Temporary) visa

In order to be eligible for this visa you must:

  • Be aged between 18 and 31
  • Have a passport from an eligible country
  • Have saved AU $5,000 to support yourself during your stay
  • Have not previously entered Australia on a Work and Holiday (Temporary) visa (subclass 462 visa)

If you have a partner, they cannot be included on the visa. They will have to meet the same criteria in order to obtain their own visa.

During your stay in Australia, you cannot do either of the following:

  • Have a dependant accompanying you at any time
  • Work for longer than six months for any one employer

The visa can be extended for a further 12 months should the applicant work in a regional area of Australia for three months.

Countries eligible for the Australian working holiday visa

DenmarkSouth Korea
Hong KongTaiwan
The UK

We provide specialist Australian immigration advice and assistance.

Visit Australia on a Visitor visa (subclass 600 visa)

The Australian tourist visa or Visitor visa (subclass 600 visa) is for individuals who wish to visit Australia for holiday, to see family and friends or to conduct a short business trip. This visa is valid for up to three, six or 12 months.

There are three types of Australian visitor visas.

Your country of origin will determine which visa you can apply for. These include:

  • Visitor visa (subclass 600 visa)
  • Electronic Travel Authority visa (subclass 601 visa)
  • Visitor (subclass 651 visa)

The subclass 600 visa is for individuals who want to visit Australia as a tourist or for business.

As a subclass 601 visa holder, you can visit Australia on multiple occasions for tourist or business purposes. It allows you to visit Australia as often as you wish and stay up to three months at a time within a period of one year. Only individuals from certain countries may apply.

The subclass 651 visa allows you to visit Australia for three months at a time within a 12-month period for tourist or business purposes only. This visa is only eligible for individual from certain countries.

Get to know Australia better on a Visitor Visa

A Visitor visa provides more than just an opportunity to head Down Under as a tourist. Visiting and holidaying in the country before you make the big move will give you a taste of the land Down Under and the region you’d like to stay in.

Australia is a vast country with a culture that is as broad and diverse as its landscape. Famed for its sunny and temperate climate, natural wonders, wide open spaces, exceptional beaches and friendly locals - it’s easy to see why so many people who visit Australia end up staying for good.

Apply for an Australian Visitor visa

To be eligible for this visa you must:

  • Be able to show that you are travelling to, or remaining in Australia as a genuine visitor
  • Have your own health insurance
  • Declare any criminal convictions and have no outstanding debts to the Australian Government

We provide specialist Australian immigration advice and assistance.

Move your business and family to Australia: The Business Innovation visa

Do you own and run a successful business and wish to relocate to Australia? Then the Business Innovation visa (subclass 188a visa) might just be the solution you’ve been waiting for. This visa is available to anyone under the age of 55 looking to start or buy into a business in Australia. It’s valid for five years and allows you and your family members to live, study and work in Australia, and eventually be eligible for permanent residence.

The perfect Australian visa for those over 45

The cut-off age for most Australian visas is 45, making it difficult to move there if you’re in your early forties. The Business Innovation visa gives those over the age of 45 a route to Australia if they have experience in owning and running a successful business. The good news is that many business owners have the abilities and experience needed to qualify for this visa, but very few are aware of its existence.

Do you qualify? The minimum requirements for the Business Innovation visa are easy to understand.

You must:

  • Be under the age of 55 years*
  • Score at least 65 points on the immigration points test
  • For two out of the four fiscal years immediately before applying, have had ownership of an established business or businesses that has/have at least AUD750,000 turnover in each of those years
  • Either by yourself, or your business partner, or you and your partner combined, must have total net business and personal assets of AUD1.25 million that can be used to establish a business in Australia

*A state or territory can choose to waive this requirement if your proposed business will be of exceptional economic benefit to the nominating state or territory


The Australian immigration points test

You must score at least 65 points to be eligible for the Business Innovation visa. The table below sets out the categories and points available in each category. Please note: You should always consult with a MARA-registered Australian immigration advisor before you apply for this visa. Do not assume that because you have the right amount of points that you will qualify. The visa application process is complex and without professional representation, it is difficult to successfully navigate the regulations.

Estimate your point score

English abilityVocational5
QualificationsTrade, diploma or bachelor’s degree5
 Bachelor’s degree in business, science or technology10
Net financial assets (AUD)1,250,0005
Business annual turnover (AUD)750,0005
Business ownership experienceFour of the past five years10
 Seven of the past eight years15

A route to permanent residency in Australia

Your Business Innovation visa, subclass 188 visa, will be valid for five years from the date it is granted. However, your aim should be to qualify for the Business Innovation visa, subclass 888 visa, which is a permanent residence visa. The transition between the 188 visa to the 888 visa can be made after living in Australia for three years and requires you and your business in Australia to meet certain benchmarks, set out in the table below.

Check that you satisfy the requirements

Business criteria (two out of three must be satisfied)1. Applicant (and partner) have held at least AUD200,000 net main business assets for the last 12 months
2. Applicant’s main business has had at least two full-time Australian employees for the last 12 months
3. Applicant (and partner) have held at least AUD600,000 net business and personal assets for the last 12 months
Business turnoverApplicant and partner’s main business generated turnover of at least AUD300,000 for the last 12 months
Time spent in AustraliaApplicant must have spent one out of the two years preceding the application living in Australia
Time of ownership of main businessApplicant must have maintained ownership of the main business for a period of at least two years

Our registered migration experts are to help and make sure your application is successful.

Obtain permanent residency in Australia

Australian permanent residents are residents of Australia who hold a permanent residency visa but are not citizens of Australia. A holder of a permanent residency visa may remain in Australia indefinitely.

How to stay indefinitely in Australia

A five-year initial visa, which corresponds to the underlying migration programme, is granted alongside the permanent residency. Until the initial visa expires, the visa holder may leave and re-enter Australia freely. A notable feature of the permanent residency visa is that, even after the initial visa expires, the holder is entitled to stay in Australia indefinitely without breaching immigration regulations.

Permanent residency may be revoked at the discretion of the responsible Minister, for example in cases of criminal misconduct.

The benefits of permanent residency

Permanent residents enjoy many of the rights and privileges of citizens, including access to free or subsidised legal and health services.

They do not have the right to vote in federal or state/territory elections, unless they were registered to vote prior to 1984, but may vote in some local government elections.

Permanent residents are not entitled to an Australian passport.

Most permanent residents are eligible to become citizens after a waiting period. When the waiting period is complete, the process of taking the citizenship test and attending the ceremony will add an additional three to twelve months.

Work in Australia as a New Zealand citizen

Citizens of New Zealand are allowed to enter and work in Australia under the Trans-Tasman Travel Arrangement, being granted a Special Category visa on arrival.

If a New Zealand citizen decides to become an Australian citizen, then they need to apply for a permanent residency visa first.


Meet your Australian immigration team 

  • Sam Hopwood: Director - Australia and Oceania regions
    Sam Hopwood
    Director: Australia and Oceania Region
  • Nicole Bevie
    Migration Administrator
  • Nicole Lawrence
    Nicole Lawrence
    Migration Consultant
  • Kalcey Smith
    Migration Administrator
  • Faye Le Roux
    UK Immigration Administrator
  • Allison Damon
    Migration Administrator
  • David Penzhorn
    David Penzhorn
    Immigration consultant and caseworker
  • Jamie-Lee Krumm
    Jamie-Lee Le Roux
    Australian Migration Team Leader
  • Tamara Thomas
    Registered Australian Migration Agent
  • Sam Hopwood
    Director: Australia and Oceania Region

    Sam is a registered migration agent and a member of the Migration Institute of Australia.

    Sam studied as an undergraduate at the University of Newcastle, NSW and later completed the postgraduate certificate in immigration law at Victorian University. He has worked in the area of Australian immigration law for 14 years and has helped thousands of people relocate to Australia.

  • Nicole Bevie
    Migration Administrator

    Born in Cape Town and having split her childhood years between Johannesburg and the Mother City, Nicole has spent several years working in various retail and team-leading positions. She attended Wynberg Girls’ High School and has so far completed three years of her four-year BA Degree in Journalism at the University of Cape Town.

    Before joining Sable International as an Immigration Administrator, she was the Team Leader for the Discovery Vaccination Site in Newlands, where she was tasked with assisting South African citizens in receiving the vaccine – a job she feels, along with her previous work experience, has prepared and ignited a passion within her for working with people from all walks of life.

    Outside of work, Nicole loves spending most of her time with family and friends. She enjoys reading, going to the beach and trying and tasting delicious food.

  • Nicole Lawrence
    Migration Consultant

    Nicole was born and raised in Cape Town and attended Groote Schuur High School in Newlands. She studied at the University of Cape Town, where she graduated with a bachelor’s degree in social development and Sociology as well as an Honours degree in Social Development. 

    Before she joined Sable International, she was a research intern at the Human Sciences Research Council. She completed training and was tasked with interviewing South African citizens about the impact of Covid-19. 

    In her free time, she enjoys spending time with family shooting pool, playing dominos and watching soccer.


  • Kalcey Smith
    Migration Administrator

    Kalcey recently completed her studies at the University of the Western Cape, where she obtained her Bachelor of Arts and BA Honours Psychology degrees. Before starting at Sable International, she volunteered within the nonprofit sector in under-resourced communities in the Western Cape. Most recently she worked as the Assistant Counsellor for a nonprofit in the field of neurodiversity.

    She is a musician, and outside of work she enjoys reading, outdoor activities, travelling, and has a passion for the world of psychology. In her free time she enjoys spending time with her family, friends, and beloved dog.

  • Faye Le Roux
    UK Immigration Administrator

    Faye was born and raised in the Northern suburbs of Cape Town. She grew up in a large family, being the youngest of six siblings. She completed a Diploma in Tourism, a Higher Certificate in Accounting Practice and is currently studying towards a Diploma in HR.

    Before joining Sable, she worked as an Immigration Administrator as well as a Resolution Specialist in Customer Service.

    In her role with Sable International she will be preparing and processing applications as well as maintaining correspondence with clients.

    Outside of work, she enjoy cooking, de-cluttering and trying out new restaurants. She loves spending time with her family, but also enjoys being alone. She would love to take up candle-making as a hobby in the near future.

  • Allison Damon
    Migration Administrator

    Allison recently moved back to South Africa after being abroad in South Korea and Taiwan for a few years. She was an English teacher, although she didn’t see that as part of her future.

    She studied at Helderberg College in Somerset West and graduated in 2015. She is a Migration Administrator in Sable International's Australian immigration team.

    After work she usually takes her dog for a walk because that helps her destress. She is a huge animal lover and secretly wishes she had a farm filled with different animals. She enjoys traveling and doing outdoor activities, depending on the season and weather.

  • David Penzhorn
    Immigration consultant and caseworker

    David has been with Sable International since 2010. He works in the Australian office, helping clients determine what visas they qualify for and helping them with their visa submissions.

    He is the proud father of two cats, Tilly and Bozo.

  • Jamie-Lee Le Roux
    Australian Migration Team Leader

    After spending a number of years working in various retail, customer service and team leading positions, Jamie decided it was time for a change and applied for an administrative position at Sable international.

    Here she discovered a passion for helping individuals and families relocate to Australia and fast became part of the Migration team as a consultant, working with clients from the initial consulting stage right up to visa grant. She has since moved into a leadership role within the team and now works as the Australian Migration Team Leader, where she is hands on in ensuring a seamless and successful experience for every client.

    Outside of work, Jamie is a mom to twins and spends most of her time with family and close friends.

  • Tamara Thomas
    Registered Australian Migration Agent

    Born in Thailand, Tamara was issued with her first passport as a baby and flew to Australia at eight weeks of age. Her blended, multicultural family were somewhat nomadic, and they travelled extensively throughout Australia – living in a caravan – and also residing in the Philippines for a small period.

    Tamara obtained a Graduate Certificate in Australian Migration Law and Practice through the Australian National University in 2008. She has worked within the Australian migration advisory industry since 2006, in a mix of larger corporate and smaller boutique consultancies. She qualified as a Registered Migration Agent in 2009.

    She is a Melbourne local and lives in an inner-city location with her 10-year-old cat, Mia. In her free time, she enjoys visiting markets, dining out, seeing art and cultural exhibitions, weekends away and spending time with her partner, friends, and family.

Australian Visa Assessment

Fill in your details and one of our expert advisors will be in touch shortly to share your Australian visa options.