The requirements you must meet depend on your circumstances. To qualify for a Parent of a Child Student visa, you will need to:
- Be aged 18 or over
- Be the parent of a child between four and 11 years old who has, or is simultaneously applying for, entry clearance or permission to stay as a Child Student
- Ensure the Child Student’s other parent is not in the UK and is not seeking to come to the UK
- Intend to live with the child student during your stay in the UK
- Have enough money to support yourself without relying on public funds
- Have no intention of making the UK your main home and have sufficient funds to maintain your main home outside the UK
Only one parent may travel to the UK on a Parent of a Child Student visa, even if more than one child attends the school. The other parent may enter as a visitor for short visits or must apply under a different category of the immigration rules.
We can help you apply for a child/student visas
Parent of a Child Student visa financial requirements
Financial requirements for the Parent of a Child Student visa include:
- You must have £1,560 for each month of your intended stay in the UK, up to a maximum of nine months, plus £625 for each month of your intended stay, up to a maximum of nine months, for any child who will be under your care in the UK other than the Child Student.
- You must have held the money for at least 28 consecutive days, ending not more than 31 days before the date of your Parent of a Child Student visa application.
- If you are applying for permission to stay, and have been in the UK with permission for more than 12 months, then you will be deemed to satisfy the financial requirement for a Parent of a Child Student Visa and will not need to show proof of funds.
- If you are applying together with the Child Student for either entry clearance or leave to remain in circumstances where you have both lived in the UK for less than 12 months, then you will satisfy the financial requirement if the Child Student satisfies the financial requirement applicable to their application.
Parents of Children Student visa holders are not allowed to study or work in the UK.