close menu

Stay in South Africa and send your child to a UK university

We provide a unique UK Student visa solution for families living in South Africa who want their children to study and naturalise in the UK.

You don't have to emigrate to send your child to a UK university

As a South African with young children, you may be tempted to relocate to the UK or Australia in order to secure a second passport and an international education for your children. This could arise because of the economic and political volatility that exists in the country, as well as the worry that South African tertiary education standards are slipping.

The problem is that relocating a young family from South Africa to the UK has several consequences:

  • It’s a costly exercise
  • You (and/or your partner) will have to take a backward step in your career(s) and earning potential
  • Private schooling in the UK and Australia is prohibitively expensive
  • The property transaction – selling in SA and buying in the UK or Australia – will leave you living in a smaller house, far from city centers
  • The lifestyle that you were used to in SA (the outdoors, the holidays, the hired help, etc) won’t exist anymore

Here's our innovative solution

It’s no secret that South Africans who immigrate to the UK will have to take a massive cut in salary, standard of living and bear other stresses involved with moving young children half way across the globe.

Our advice to people who find themselves in this situation is: Take a step back and look hard at your options.

Full-scale emigration from South Africa is not always the answer. There are enormous social and financial costs involved, particularly if you have a family and an established life in South Africa.

Stay in South Africa. Enjoy the quality of life. Grow a little older with your friends and family while your children finish their schooling at one of the many excellent private or quintile five (former model C) schools across the country.

While you’re living in South Africa you can begin to save up for their eventual UK university education. We have put together a service that facilitates your children’s relocation to the UK on a Student visa and their eventual naturalisation as British citizens.

What our service includes:

  • A financial plan to fund your child’s UK university education
  • Monthly transfers into a Pound savings fund
  • Annual review of your fund’s performance and your financial situation
  • Advice on which university and degree will fit your child’s needs and your budget
  • Advice on converting a Grade 12 to an A-Level standard qualification
  • Advice and representation for your child’s student visa application

Secure your child's future today

As a parent, you always want to ensure that your children have the best chances in life; their university education is a massive part of that. With all the uncertainty around the future of South African universities, it may be time to consider the best way to future-pro of your child’s education and career.

Contact an immigration expert

Fill in the form below and one of our experienced consultants will get back to you shortly.

Receive our bi-monthly newsletter
Get expert insights and important updates

GDPR regulations give you more rights about personal information and hold those that breach them to account, so we're all for it.

If at any point you would like to opt out of receiving communication from us, you can do so using the unsubscribe option. We promise to honour your request.

South Africa

Cape Town

Regent Square
Doncaster Road
Kenilworth 7708 +27 (0) 21 657 2120


201 The Annex
Ridgeside Office Park
Umhlanga +27 (0) 31 536 8843

United Kingdom


Castlewood House
77/91 New Oxford Street
WC1A 1DG +44 (0) 20 7759 7514


5-7 Selsdon Road
South Croydon
CR2 6PU +44 (0) 20 7759 7581



9 Yarra Street
South Yarra
VIC 3141 +613 (0) 8651 4500

Sable International is a trading name of 1st Contact Money Limited (company number 07070528), registered in England and Wales. We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK (FCA no. 517570), the Financial Services Conduct Authority in South Africa (1st Contact Money [PTY] Ltd - FSP no. 41900) and hold an Australian Financial Services License issued by ASIC to deal in foreign exchange (1st Contact Group - AFS License number 335 126).

Please note: Sable International is a trading name of Philip Gamble and Co. Ltd. Philip Gamble and Co. Ltd is registered in the UK with the Office of the Immigration Service Commissioner (OISC) under no. F2001-00004. Our staff based outside of the UK are not regulated by the OISC and may be involved in some client casework. However, they work to the same high standards as our UK staff and clients receive the same service regardless of which office they engage with.

This site uses cookies, read more or close this notice.