close menu
Ariel view of Oxford university building with university

UK student visas

A range of visas are available to non-EU citizens to study at a school or university in the UK.

18 and over: Tier 4 (General) student visa

If you are an international student over the age of 18 intending to study at a UK university or college, you will need a Tier 4 (General) student visa.

Those who come to the UK to study at a degree level are required to pay overseas rates for university tuition. However, on completion of the qualification, the student is usually permitted to transfer to a Tier 2 (General) work permit visa without the need for the sponsoring employer to have sought a local resident candidate first.

Under 18: Tier 4 (Child) student visa

The Tier 4 Student (Child) visa lets students under 18 study full-time at any school or educational institution in the UK.

UK Student Visa Saver Scheme for South Africans

This is a unique UK Student visa solution for families living in South Africa who want their children to study and naturalise in the UK.

We have put together a programme that allows you to provide UK education and citizenship options for your children, while you can continue to enjoy living in South Africa.

As an addition to the scheme, we also offer help with Portugal's Non-Habitual Residence programme, which allows you to live tax-free in Portugal for up to ten years. This way, you can remain close to your children - just a short flight away - while taking advantage of Portugal's lifestyle and financial benefits.

Read more about the UK Student Visa Saver Scheme


South Africa

Cape Town
Regent Square
Doncaster Road
Kenilworth 7708
t: +27 (0) 21 657 2120

201 The Annex
Ridgeside Office Park
t: +27 (0) 31 536 8843

United Kingdom

Castlewood House
77/91 New Oxford Street
t: +44 (0) 20 7759 7514

5-7 Selsdon Road
South Croydon
t: +44 (0) 20 7759 7581


Suite 8.06
9 Yarra Street
South Yarra
Melbourne VIC 3141
t: +613 (0) 86 514 500

This site uses cookies, read more or close this notice.